Saturday, March 24, 2012

Balyolu: The Honey Road

I recently learned of Balyolu through Elizabeth Gowing’s blog, One Hundred Days of Honey. ( I recently wrote about Elizabeth’s book, Travels in Blood and Honey, Becoming a Beekeeper in Kosovo)

 

Balyolu (pronounced "Ball-yole-ew") The Honey Road, is the first honey tasting walking journey of its kind. The program is led and inspired by local women who are training to become world-class beekeepers & rural entrepreneurs.

An inspirational young woman named Catherine Jaffee, is the thrust behind this first of its kind adventure, Balyolu, The Honey Road in North Eastern Turkey. This is Cat’s story, of how she went to Turkey to research women and rural migration. Her blog fills in the rest of her story and how she  developed the idea of Balyolu. I invite you to cruise around her blog and really enjoy the pictures and stories of this lovely adventure. Balyolu is on my life list now!

Honey and Herbal Hugs to all who visit Comfrey Cottages xxx

2 comments:

Lady of the Woods said...

ooohhph, this sounds amazing! If I were still interested in traveling, I'd entertain this one...such a beautiful endeavor these women began, but I'm not surprised. honey blessings, Lady

Pat said...

This is a great post Leslie. Nice you tube too. It really does sound amazing. Did I tell you I am starting to collect a little bee info and I think we will be trying it out next year. Too much going to do it this year, thinking next spring will be better timing.
Much love!
Pat