Sunday, May 15, 2011

Road Trip Fun in Manito, IL

Wanted to share with you all some unusual lawn art my hubby and I found by accident on a recent road trip. We had stopped at an antique shop in Manito, and were driving around the town just gandering when suddenly we spy elk, buffalo, and tigers, oh my!

GEDC2773

GEDC2772

GEDC2771

We spotted these from a few streets away and couldn’t resist going to see what they were! They were at a landscape business named Artistic Landscapes. We learned that these pieces are cast aluminum that the resident artists paints! Amazingly cool to say the least!

This is also the place where hubby bought my Julie Child rose bush for part of my Mother’s Day presents.

GEDC2764

Herbal and Honey hugs to all who visit Comfrey Cottages xx

6 comments:

Rowan said...

I really like the elk and the buffalo but I'm not so sure about the tiger - they are certainly original.

Comfrey Cottages said...

I kind of like that cougar on the roof! lol

Rita M said...

well done I think, some seem really.
And like Rowan says they are original.

Hugs XXXXX
Rita

Anonymous said...

I think it's fun to come along interesting art, I actually liked them all. As long as the cougar wans't real that's my favorite though!:-)
Herbal season is certainly taking it's time around these parts, one of the rainest springs in years!
Lots of hugs,
Rosemary...XX

Herbaholic said...

WOW I'm torn between the Zebra (joke from childhood I got called Zebra when I was little) and the red dragon in honour of our dragon robot Chompalot, I am the Iron Maiden lol!
The Julia Child rose sounds lovely, after watching Julie & Julia I developed a secret desire to do the same thing but for Geraldene Holt using her 'Recipes From A French Herb Garden' book, but there's only 126 recipes in it. Mind you that would be 1 a fortnight and time wise I could manage to blog about that:) There's a recipe for Le Potiron Tout Rond A La Mode De Julia Child (Julia Child's Stuffed Pumpkin) which I tweaked on holiday last year and made stuffed Butternut Squash, very yummy!

Hopefully you'll share some photos of your new rose when she blooms?

Herby hugs - Debs x

*Ulrike* said...

Isn't that cool how you can be on the road somewhere, and find the most interesting things in out of the blue places? Good for your hubby to purchase that rose for you, that one is a beautiful color!
Take Care,
Ulrike