Monday, February 28, 2011

Herbal Ally Challenge #4 - Impressions

Herbal Ally challenge #4, impressions gets the creative juices flowing. As Kristine worded it so beautifully, “… into our hearts and minds.”

whitepine1

There is an elegant windswept impression of Miss Pinus strobus, when I approach her. She seems to be reaching out to the universe, from her seeking, reaching tips. At the same time, she seems focused in her personal journey of laying layer after layer of limbs, branches, bark and twigs, not in a precise pattern, but still a forward progressing pattern, leaving room for the whims of creative license of placement.

monochromepine

In monochrome, these same observations apply, only in a more extreme impression. Her reaching seems more prominent, while at the same time, her core being is enhanced.

shadingwhitepine

I love the shading effect, which gives a cool 3D effect.  I feel as if I am seeing her auras!

pinetrunkspiralnicer

The patterns in the fabric of life, always fascinate me. I can see myself getting lost in the challenge time and time again! lol And when looking at white pine as a squirrel might while climbing her, well, it just makes me wish my husband had never trimmed her lowed limbs, as I just want to climb her! Miss Pinus strobus has a strong core, with beautiful yearly growth, (which is her learning, living experiences). She just gives me the impression of stability, and steadiness,  but fully, vibrantly, expanding energy,which is enhanced in these pictures

monochromespiraltrunk

I feel like I can just see her life flowing through the paler shaded areas.

shadespiraltrunk

And again the 3D effect, which is like seeing the bones and the blood flowing, to me.

I am going to have more fun with this challenge in the future. I am hoping to capture her flowing, flexible side.

6 comments:

karisma said...

Oh I love that last one.

Anonymous said...

Awesome impressions!!! :)

*hug*
Dana

Comfrey Cottages said...

thanks Karisma and Dana xxx

Anonymous said...

I really like the way the different photos enhance different aspects of the tree. very interesting and visual! I can understand why you would want to climb her and I love your imaginings through the eyes of the squirrel.
xx

Plantain said...

Very cool!!

Comfrey Cottages said...

thank you everyone! I just thought it would be fun to see how she looked with different effects applied. I wish I were artistic enough to draw her! lol hugs to everyone xx