Thursday, August 20, 2009

Small Space Gardening

I am always inspired when I see peeps that are gardening, in less than ideal spots. I guess it is because my own yard, while roomy for an in town situation, is very shady. Anyway, I just wanted to share with all of you my lovely Katee , and some of the small space gardening she does, as well as some of her neighbors. Katee lives in a single story apartment complex, with I guess maybe a total of 10 units. Katee specializes in growing mints and chives and shares with me generously!! This pic is of Katee in front of her chocolate mint bed. She makes the most wonderful chocolate pudding with her chocolate mint! Maybe if we ask nice she will share the recipe!

HPIM5341

On the west side of her building, she has chives, peppermint, spearmint and the new orange mint!

HPIM5337

HPIM5339

HPIM5340

I am so impressed with this urban, small scale gardening that Katee and some of the other residents do. Some peeps have cantalope vines running up onto their porch

HPIM5342

while others have pumpkins, tomatoes, and other fresh veggies growing!

HPIM5343

HPIM5344

Do any of you face any challenges with your gardens? Space, light, water, etc? Seeing these small space gardeners at Katee’s apartments, really made me happy and I wanted to share with everyone and give a big shout out to Katee and all her neighbors..

“Proud of you all!!”

No comments: