Monday, January 23, 2012

Free Webinars for You

Tomorrow evening, Wednesday 26th, the American Herbalist Guild is offering a free webinar entitled From Seed to Safe Use: Defining the Modern Apothecary. It will be presented by Eric Yarnell, Eric 'McKey' McKinney, and R. Erin 'R.E.' Murrell.  In this joint-lecture, they will  explore both the history and the many facets of the modern day apothecary, all the way from seed to safe use. You must register ahead of time if you are interested and on the site, there is a spot to click to figure out what time it starts in your area.

echinacea

The Color of Vitality: Seeing Healing Constituents in Healing Foods and Herbs, webinar, Tuesday February 7th., via the Sylvan Institute of Botanical Medicine, will be taught by Lisa Ganora. “ What are the purple, blue, and red antioxidants in berries and what do they do? What anti-cancer constituents do carrots, sweet potatoes, and Dandelion flowers share? What are the hidden companion molecules of colorful chlorophyll? In this webinar we'll explore using the senses to detect, evaluate, & understand some interesting constituents and the synergy among them.” Click the link to pre-register for this also.

mandala

The School of Modern Herbal Medicine has been presenting some awesome webinars. I don’t know why I didn’t think to share with all of you about them earlier! And yet again, click above as many of them are still available for viewing and their handouts for downloading:) 

Webinars are a great resource for learning right from the comfort of your home! Enjoy, and please share if you do take advantage of any of these learning opportunities:)

Herbal and Honey Hugs to all who visit Comfrey Cottages xx

 

11 comments:

jill said...

Lovely pics I love echinacea's so pretty.Love Jill xx

Sherri B. said...

Thank you for this info, I just registered for tomorrow..not sure it will work out for me but I am going to try to arrange for it..How great to have this knowledge! xo

Pat said...

Thanks, Found one I was not aware of! I love these free webinars!

Comfrey Cottages said...

I love echinacea's beauty also, Jill xx
You are so welcome Sherri! Sometimes the webinars are replayed. If you don't manage to see tomorrow's, if you send me an email saying you haven't seen it I will try to find you a link for a replay. xxx
Welcome Pat! I am going to watch the replay of the emotional one steve horne did my next day off, since I missed it! xx I love them too!

Moon Gazing Hare said...

Thank you for the information Leslie, I'll have to see what time it is here,
Jackie x

Rita M said...

I love echinacea!!
One of my neighbours has plenty of them, they are so beautiful.

Big hugs XX

Comfrey Cottages said...

You are welcome, Jackie! xx
Rita, I love echinacea too:)Maybe a plant to add to your gardens? ;-) xxx

(Arya) Paige said...

I'm so glad you shared this! I really enjoyed it last night. :)

http://aryasworld.livejournal.com

Comfrey Cottages said...

Awesome Arya! thank you for the feedback! I will continue to share these in the future as they become available xx

Danielle said...

Thanks for sharing these great opportunities!! Eric Yarnell was a previous teacher of mine and he is just brilliant - a really fantastic teacher. Don't miss that one!!

Comfrey Cottages said...

Oh how cool, Danielle! Where did you study with him at? xx