Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Summer Vacation Part 1

Well, I have been home for a week and thought I had just go ahead and post about our trip in parts. I don’t seem to have time to do a long post, and besides… too many pictures. I thought today I would share with you where we stayed. Beautiful Sand Bay Resort. Just a lovely couple and their boys, run this resort. We were one of only two cabins booked, as it was the first week they were open for the year, after winter. So it was a nice quiet week. Very beautiful Ottertail County was quiet all over the small towns we visited as the usual tourists weren’t there for the season yet! I loved it! We even went to the areas “fancy” restaurant, and we were the only couple there! I guess my liking the fact there weren’t a lot of folks around, tells you more about me. I would rather have been surrounded by all the pines, birch, basswood, firs, Solomon's Seal , cattails, scarlet tanagers, loons, swans, lakes, streams, deer, and sand hill cranes then people. People in mass, tend to drown out natures sounds, sights, and smells. It felt so good to have time to read, hear my first loons, my first scarlet tanager, and to see my first Solomon's seal, yellow goats beard, HPIM8385 yellow pond-lily, my first change mushroom. And so many other things!

We had a beautiful basswood/linden tree right in front of our cabin, which help add to the illusion I was alone, living in a cabin in the woods. It is right behind my husband’s shoulder in this picture. Behind the linden.

The cabin was neat as a pin and came with everything you might need, except your bath/beach towels! Totally comfortable, and I could have actually dug living there if I could also have a yurt for my herbal things, and my husband have a mason building for his paraphernalia! lol But it suited fine and I would highly recommend staying there! The kitchen had everything one might need. I did bring my own cast iron skillets though;-)

HPIM8416

That shot was taken from the bathroom. To the south of the bathroom was out bedroom. It wasn’t large, but it had a comfey clean bed and nice antique dresser in it.

HPIM8415

There was a nice big loft, where I threw my clothes.  A nice eating area, where we could look out over Battle Lake and our linden.

HPIM8417

HPIM8419

HPIM8420

HPIM8418

Well, more later! I have to go dash and watch the grandchildren now. Love and hugs to all of you!

 

24 comments:

lemonverbenalady said...

This is my idea of camping or the Holiday Inn! LOL! Thanks for sharing that beautiful view!

comfrey cottages said...

welcome nancy! can't wait to get caught up with your blog!

*Ulrike* said...

Now that sounds like the perfect place to me! Hubby and I don't like the big crowds either which is probably why we take vacation late!! I'd much rather listen to the sound of nature than someone's boom box (do they even have those things anymore?!!). We have a ton of lakes around here, but I'd like to find one out of state so I can actually feel like I have gone somewhere.
Can't wait to see more photos!
Take Care!!
Ulrike

JoyceAnn said...

Sounds like my idea of the perfect vacation too , I'll take nature sounds over people sounds anyday. Glad you enjoyed your time away and I look forward to hearing your herbal and nature stories.


~ Happy Herbal Blessings ~

萱祥 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rita M said...

Thanks for sharing those beautiful photos - looks really nice and quiet - a very nice spot.
That was a nice holiday I think.

Big hugs to you my sweet friend
xxx

林志宏 said...

死亡是悲哀的,但活得不快樂更悲哀。......................................................................

靜怡 said...

Quality is better than quantity.................................................................

堅強堅強 said...

It takes all kinds to make a world.............................................................

lemonverbenalady said...

Leslie,

Did I read it correctly on Facebook? You have the shingles! Poor baby! The Herbal Husband had them for three long years! He was miserable! Hope you are OK quick!

comfrey cottages said...

yes nancy i came home from a whirlwind trip last weekend and developed shingles. a tad miserable and can not go out in this heat and humidity with this affliction. 3 years!? oh that poor man! i have been prone to shingles off and on since i was 9 years old. we drove to springfield,mo to the bass pro shop, on into branson and then down into arkansas and home. all in 4 days. just too much for me in summer weather. my body functions much better in cold. thanks for the well wishes honeyxoxoxo

俊豪袁阿危惠敏 said...

認清問題就等於已經解決了一半的問題。.................................................................

Rita M said...

Hi my sweet friend, I read here that you are sick. Are you feeling better now?

Big hugs to you and I hope you feel better soon!

XXX

玉婷良DGFHFJ瑋黃吳 said...

quite touching~~~thx for sharing..................................................................

JasonBirk佳琪 said...

Nothing comes from nothing.............................................................

盈廖生家秀蔡 said...

累了嗎?來杯咖啡休息一下吧!............................................................

婷珊 said...

沒有經過反省的人生,是不值得活的人生..................................................

魏江伶魏江伶 said...

聽著音樂逛BLOG~~享受!!我不想上班了啦…..................................................................

楊儀卉 said...

謝謝大大分享!!經典!~(。・ω・)............................................................

曾法幸 said...

馬丁路德:「即使知道明天世界即將毀滅,我仍願在今天種下一棵小樹。」............................................................

曹彥均曹彥均 said...

Learn wisdom by the follies of others.............................................................

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Hello dear,

PLEASE tell your husband to get well. Shingles, oh my goodness. You do know that there is now a vaccine for shingles. I heartily recommend it.

Sending herbal wishes for dual health,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

張志亦劉美玲 said...

河水永遠是相同的,可是每一剎那又都是新的。. . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

家唐銘 said...

加油!充實內函最重要!Beauty is but skin- deep.............................................................